prof. MUDr. Martin Procházka, Ph.D.
tel.: 585 631 001
fax: 585 631 012
Vice-Rector for Strategy and Regional Affairs
Statutory Representative of the Rector
JUDr. Mag. iur. Michal Malacka, Ph.D., MBA
Vice-Rector for Education
prof. Mgr. MgA. Vít Zouhar, Ph.D.
tel.: 585 631 004, fax: 585 631 012
Vice-Rector for Science and Research
doc. Mgr. Lucie Plíhalová, Ph.D.
Vice-Rector for Legislation and Organization
JUDr. Zdenka Papoušková, Ph.D.
Vice-Rector for Communications and Student Affairs
doc. Mgr. Andrea Hanáčková, Ph.D.
Vice-Rector for International Relations
Jiří Stavovčík, B.A., MBA
The Academic Senate of Palacký University Olomouc (UP AS) is a self-governing representative academic body, with 24 members. The UP AS members are elected from amongst the members of the academic community; each faculty is represented by two academic senators and one student senator. The term of office is three years. The UP AS sessions are open to the public. The UP AS Economic and Legislative Commissions prepare the foundations and opinions for detailed solution of individual issues which arise during Senate sessions. The UP AS is governed by the laws of the Czech Republic, in particular the University Law (Law No. 111/1998 Czech Law Col.) and UP internal rules, in particular UP Statutes and UP AS Election Rules.
The members of the UP Scholarly Board are prominent experts in the fields of the educational, scientific, research, and artistic activities of Palacký University. Its members also include persons who are not members of the UP academic community.
prof. MUDr. Martin Procházka, Ph.D.; UP rector; Gynecology and Obstetrics
prof. RNDr. dr hab. Jan Andres, DSc.; UP FS, Mathematics
prof. Mgr. Ondřej Bábek, Dr.; UP FS, Geology, Geophysics
prof. RNDr. Dr. Radim Bělohlávek, DSc.; UP FS, Informatics and Cybernetics
prof. PhDr. Panajotis Cakirpaloglu, DrSc.; UP FA, Educational Psychology, Clinical Psychology
prof. MUDr. Roman Havlík, Ph.D.; UP FMD, Surgery, Oncological Surgery
prof. RNDr. Zdeněk Hradil, CSc.; UP FS, Optics and Quantum Electronics
doc. Mgr. Vít Hušek, Th.D.; UP CMFT, Theology
prof. RNDr. Miroslav Janura, Dr.; UP FPC, Kinanthropology
prof. RNDr. Hana Kolářová, CSc.; UP FMD, Medical Biophysics
doc. PhDr. Lenka Křupková, Ph.D.; FA UP, Musicology
doc. RNDr. Martin Kubala, Ph.D.; Dean, UP FS, Biophysics
prof. PhDr. et Mgr. Jiří Lach, Ph.D., MA.; UP FA, History, Political Science
prof. PaedDr. Libuše Ludíková, CSc.; Dean; UP FE, Special Education
prof. PhDr. Dušan Lužný, Dr.; UP FA, Sociology, Psychology
prof. PhDr. Tomáš Nejeschleba, Ph.D.; UP FA, Philosophy
prof. RNDr. Michal Otyepka, Ph.D.; UP CATRIN, Physical Chemistry
prof. PhDr. Zdeněk Pechal, CSc.; Dean; UP FA, History of Slavonic Literature, History of Czech, Polish and Russian Literature
doc. Mgr. Jana Pelclová, Ph.D.; UP FPC, Kinanthropology
doc. Mgr. Lucie Plíhalová; Ph.D.; UP FS, Inorganic Chemistry, Chemical Biology, Agricultural Chemistry
doc. JUDr. Václav Stehlík, LL.M., Ph.D.; Dean; UP FL, European Union Law
Mgr. Michal Šafář, Ph.D.; Dean, UP FPC, Kinanthropology
prof. PhDr. Eva Šmelová, Ph.D.; UP FE, Education
doc. Mgr. Petra Šobáňová, Ph.D.; UP FE; Education
prof. Ing. Mgr. et Mgr. Peter Tavel, Ph.D.; Dean; UP CMFT, Clinical Psychology, Theology
prof. RNDr. Jitka Ulrichová, CSc.; UP FMD, Medical Chemistry and Biochemistry
Mgr. Jiří Vévoda, Ph.D.; děkan UP FHS, Social Medicine, Health Economics and Management
prof. Mgr. Kateřina Vitásková, Ph.D.; UP FE, Special Education
prof. RNDr. Vít Voženílek, CSc.; UP FS, Physical Geography, Geoinformatics
prof. MUDr. Josef Zadražil, CSc.; Dean; UP FMD, Internal Medicine, Nephrology
doc. PhDr. Jana Zapletalová, Ph.D.; UP FA, History of Visual Arts
Prof. PhDr. Stanislav Balík, Ph.D.; Dean of the Faculty of Social Sciences, MU in Brno; Political Science
Prof. MUDr. Martin Bareš, Ph.D.; Rector of Masaryk University in Brno; Neurology
prof. RNDr. Ivana Černá, CSc.; Faculty of Informatics, MU in Brno; Informatics
prof. PhDr. Tomáš Janík, Ph.D., M.Ed.; Faculty of Education, MU in Brno; Pedagogy
Mgr. Anna Jenčová, DrSc.; Institute of Mathematics SAS; Mathematics
Prof. RNDr. Jana Kalbáčová Vejpravová, Ph.D.; Faculty of Physics, CU in Prague; Condensed Matter Physics
Prof. RNDr. Jana Klánová, Ph.D.; Faculty of Science, MU in Brno; Environmental Chemistry
PhDr. Eva Kowalská, DrSc.; Historical Institute of the Slovak Academy of Sciences; History - Slovak History
Brig. Gen. prof. RNDr. Zuzana Kročová, Ph.D.; Rector of the University of Defence; Physical Chemistry; Infectious Biology; Clinical Immunology
prof. PhDr. Petr Kyloušek, CSc.; Faculty of Arts, MU in Brno; History of Specific Literatures (Romance languages), French Literature, Theory of Literature
Ing. Ilona Müllerová, DrSc.; Institute of Physics of the CAS; Electronics and Vacuum Technology
doc. PhDr. Kateřina Nedbálková, Ph.D.; Faculty of Social Sciences, MU in Brno; Sociology
doc. JUDr. Kateřina Ronovská, Ph.D.; Faculty of Law, MU in Brno; Civil Law
prof. PaedDr. Darina Tarcsiová, PhD.; Faculty of Education, CU in Bratislava; Special Education
Prof. RNDr. Eva Zažímalová, CSc.; Chair of the CAS; Anatomy and Physiology of Plants
Prof. PaedDr. Katarína Žilková, PhD.; Faculty of Education, CU in Bratislava; Theory of Mathematics Teaching, Preschool and Elementary Pedagogy
The UP Board of Trustees is defined in the Czech University Law chiefly as a supervisory body with several executive powers. Its operation and authority is clearly defined in regard to the economic management of a public university and its related activities.
Members of the UP Board of Trustees
As of 25 September 2023
- Dr. Ing. Otakar Fojt, Science Attaché at the British Embassy Prague (current term of office: until August 2029)
- RNDr. Robert Kuropatwa, PhD, Manager for Czech Republic and Slovakia, KARL STORZ GmbH & Co. KG, Tuttlingen, Germany (until May 2029)
- Martin Novotný, politician, PR consultant, (current term of office: until May 2027)
- Ing. Roman Cabálek, MBA, entrepreneur and IT consultant, Executive Director of DELL Computer, spol. s r. o. (until May 2029)
- MUDr Jitka Chalánková, independent member of the Senate of the Czech Republic (current term of office: until May 2029)
- Mgr. Karolína Gondková, Director of the Higher Education Department of the Ministry of Education (term of office: until February 2027)
- Mons. Jan Graubner, Archbishop of Prague and Primate of Bohemia (term of office: until February 2027)
- Dr. Ing. Václav John, Railway Infrastructure Administration, Manager (until May 2029)
- Prof. MUDr. Vladimír Palička, CSc., dr.h.c., Director of the Hradec Králové University Hospital (term of office: until February 2027)
- MUDr. Mgr. Josef Podstata, Director of Czech Radio's regional studios in Olomouc, Ostrava, Brno and Zlín (term of office: until May 2029)
- Ing. Pavel Prudký, Financial Office for the Olomouc Region, Director of the Prostějov Territorial Office (term of office: until May 2027)
- plk. gšt. v. z. MUDr. Martin Svoboda, Director of the Military Hospital Olomouc (term of office: until October 2027)
- Ing. Milan Šimonovský, Statutory Director and Chair of the Administrative Board in SIGMA GROUP (until May 2025)
- Ing. Tomáš Uvízl, Deputy Director of the University Hospital Olomouc (term of office: until May 2027)
- Mgr. et. Mgr. Marek Vácha, Head of the Institute of Ethics and Humanities of the 3rd Faculty of Medicine, Charles University Prague (term of office: until May 2026)
Bc. Mgr. Martin Tomášek, Head of the Palacký University Rector's Office
Records and rulings from sessions (Notice Board)
Palacký University Olomouc (UP), in accordance with revisions in the Higher Education Act (Act No. 111/1998, Czech Law Coll.), as amended, and on Article 12 of UP Constitution (Article 12), has established the Internal Assessment Board of Palacký University Olomouc. The Internal Assessment Board is an academic body of the university and its mission is to inspect and develop an internal system of quality assurance and of evaluating teaching, publishing, creative and related activities at UP.
The UP Internal Assessment Board:
- approves the proposal of rules for evaluating the quality of teaching, publishing, creative and related activities and the internal System of Evaluating Teaching, Publishing, Creative and Related Activities at UP submitted by the chairperson of the UP Internal Assessment Board before submitting the proposal to the UP Academic Senate;
- manages the process of internal evaluation of teaching, publishing, creative and related activities at UP;
- maintains ongoing records of internal evaluation of teaching, creative and related activities at UP;
- inspects, objectively evaluates, and oversees processes at individual UP faculties that lead to quality assurance and internal evaluation in accordance with the Rules for the System of Evaluating Teaching, Publishing, Creative and Related Activities at UP;
- prepares reports on the UP Internal Evaluation of Teaching, Publishing, Creative and Related Activities at UP and its addenda;
- approves reports on measures that will lead to the elimination of possible shortcomings in the quality of UP’s activities, and oversees the proper application of measures to corrective them;
- approves applications for accreditation of study programmes in accordance with the standards for accreditation of a study programme, and the compliance of said study programme with requirements for the specific type, form, and profile of the study programme, and also extension and revalidation of accreditation of study programmes;
- approves study programmes submitted by the Rector on the basis of a proposal of the Scholarly Board of the relevant faculty. Study programmes that are not realised at the faculties can be submitted without such proposal, provided that UP has obtained institutional accreditation in the field of education to which the given study programme belongs;
- approves the intention to submit an application for accreditation, extension of accreditation, or revalidation of accreditation of study programmes that are submitted by the Rector based upon a proposal of the Scholarly Board of the relevant faculty; in the case of study programmes not realised at a UP faculty, a Scholarly Board proposal is not required;
- verifies whether UP meets the requirements of the standards for accreditation to grant associate and full professorships;
- monitors consistency between the UP Annual Report, the UP Strategic Plan with an emphasis on the UP mission, the Final Report on the UP Internal Evaluation of Teaching, Publishing, Creative and Related Activities at UP, and evaluating teaching, publishing, creative and related activities at UP.
- prof. MUDr. Martin Procházka, Ph.D., chairperson
- prof. Mgr. MgA. Vít Zouhar, Ph.D., vice-chairperson
- doc. RNDr. Irena Smolová, Ph.D., chairperson of the UP Academic Senate
- Mgr. Petr Černikovský
- doc. JUDr. Kateřina Frumarová, Ph.D.
- RNDr. Svatopluk Horák
- doc. RNDr. Roman Kubínek, CSc.
- prof. PhDr. et Mgr. Jiří Lach, M.A., Ph.D.
- doc. Ing. Petr Sodomka, Ph.D., MBA
- doc. Mgr. Jaroslav Vala, Ph.D.
- doc. RNDr. Ivana Vlková, Th.D.
- Mgr. Dominik Voráč
- Mgr. Jana Vyskotová, Ph.D.
Secretary: Mgr. Pavla Šimáčková, M.Sc.
The International Board of Palacký University Olomouc is an advisory body of the Rector, which provides independent opinions and recommendations in science and research.
In particular, the Board:
- provides opinions and recommendations in the field of evaluation of science and research at UP,
- provides opinions and recommendations in the field of funding of science and research at UP,
- comment on strategic materials related to scientific research activities at UP,
- expresses its opinion on other matters related to scientific research activities on its initiative or proposed by the Rector.
- Prof. Jean-Pierre Gesson, Emeritus professor, Honorary president, University of Poitiers, France (chairperson),
- Prof. RNDr. Bohuslav Gaš, CSc., Faculty of Science, Charles University, Prague,
- Prof. Konrad Banaszek, Centre of New Technologies (on leave from Faculty of Physics), University of Warsaw, Poland,
- Prof. Zvezdan Pirtošek, MD, PhD, Faculty of Medicine University of Ljubljana, Slovinia,
- Univ.-Prof. Mag. Dr. Stefan Michael Newerkla, Universität Wien, Institut für Slawistik, Austria,
- Prof. João MCS Abrantes, Universidade Lusófona de Humanidades e Tecnologias, Lisboa, Portugal,
- Prof. Lisa Radtke Bliss, Georgia State University College of Law, Atlanta, Georgia, USA,
- Prof. Jim Richards, University of Central Lancashire, United Kingdom,
- Dr. Cecilia Rokusek, National Czech & Slovak Museum & Library, Cedar Rapids, IA, USA.