prof. MUDr. Martin Procházka, Ph.D.
tel.: 585 631 001
fax: 585 631 012
Vice-Rector for Strategy and Regional Affairs
Statutory Representative of the Rector
JUDr. Mag. iur. Michal Malacka, Ph.D., MBA
Vice-Rector for Education
prof. Mgr. MgA. Vít Zouhar, Ph.D.
tel.: 585 631 004, fax: 585 631 012
Vice-Rector for Postgraduate Education and Research
prof. PhDr. Dušan Lužný, Dr.
Vice-Rector for Legislation and Organization
JUDr. Zdenka Papoušková, Ph.D.
Vice-Rector for Communication and Staff-Student Relationship
prof. MUDr. Vít Procházka, Ph.D.
Vice-Rector for International Relations
Jiří Stavovčík, B.A., MBA
Vice-Rector for IT, Research Evaluation and Sustainability
prof. RNDr. Tomáš Opatrný, Dr.
Ing. Jiří Přidal
tel.: 585 631 008
fax: 585 631 012
Ing. Jiří Přidal (born 1964) studied Systems Engineering at the Faculty of Economics of Technical University of Ostrava.
After graduation, he joined the DG SIGMA concern Olomouc as an independent technical expert, where he was jointly responsible for building automation control systems. In AQUACOOP he was a senior technical expert in the section of the development of technical management and automation. He then joined the Olomouc District Office as a member of the District Privatization Commission (evaluation of privatization projects and organization of auctions). In Hanácké Pekárny a Cukrárny, he worked as a programmer-analyst, implementing and expanding the business management software. Since 1992, his career has been linked with the Faculty of Medicine, Palacky University, which he joined as an economist.
From 1995 to January 2014 he served as Secretary, in charge of the finances and management of the Faculty. Recently he has participated in two major projects: the completion of the Theoretical Institutes of the Faculty of Medicine and the construction of the new building BIOMEDREG - Institute of Molecular and Translational Medicine. Complementing the original building of the Theoretical Institutes, both projects were funded from the Operational Programme Research and Development for Innovation with CZK 2 billion. Jiří thus participated in the largest investment to date in the history of the Faculty of Medicine.
For Jiří, the new position of Bursar of Palacky University in Olomouc is an expansion and follow-up of his work for the Faculty of Medicine, now spanning the university as a whole. As the Bursar he will utilise his professional experience and know-how concerning economic management, helping to develop and modernize the entire university.
Head of Rector's Office
PhDr. Rostislav Hladký, MBA
tel.: 585 631 009
fax: 585 631 012
PhDr. Rostislav Hladký, MBA (born 1954) studied History and German Philology at the Philosophical Faculty, Palacký University in Olomouc, and Information Studies at the Faculty of Arts, Charles University in Prague. He received his PhDr. in History from Palacký University.
Rostislav started off his professional career as a researcher in modern history at the Vsetín Regional Museum, only to return to Olomouc soon after, to the Faculty of Medicine. Here he managed the library, introduced information technology and database services for biomedicine research (in November 1989 he was the spokesman of the Faculty’s Civic Forum Party). From the beginning of 1990, he was in charge of the preparation of the project of the PU Information Centre, spending the first half of 1991 as an intern at universities in Canada. From 1991 to 2006, he was the Director of the Information Centre (which included today's Media Centre, Conference Centre, Centre for Distance Education, Computer Centre, Library and PU Publishing). From 1996 to 1997 and from 2002 to 2006, he was director of the festival Academia Film Olomouc, which hosted many leading filmmakers, documentarians, photographers, and other artists (Marcel Łoziński, Vojtěch Jasný, Albert Maysels, Agnieszka Holland, Matej Mináč, Norbert Auerbach or Suzanne Vega). Rostislav is the Secretary of the PU Board of Directors.
He has participated in shorter internships, stays, and workshops abroad, and in lectures at national and international conferences. From 1994 to 2000, he was a member of the INFRA Programme Board at the Ministry of Education, Youth and Sports of the Czech Republic, Vice Chair of the Foundation for the Protection of the National Library in Prague, member of the CASLIN Council, and member of the HE Library Section at the Council of Higher Education Institutions of the Czech Republic. He was investigator and co-investigator of grant programmes (Getty Foundation, Mellon Foundation, University Development Fund, etc.) and an opponent of projects under the Ministry of Education, Ministry of Culture, and Ministry of Health of the Czech Republic.
Since 2007, Rostislav has been the PU Head of the Rector’s Office, ensuring management, organization, and administration associated with the operation of the University, and organizing conferences, conventions, and university celebrations. From 2008 to 2012, he was responsible for public relations and was the spokesperson for the University.
The Academic Senate of Palacký University Olomouc (UP AS) is a self-governing representative academic body, with 24 members. The UP AS members are elected from amongst the members of the academic community; each faculty is represented by two academic senators and one student senator. The term of office is three years. The UP AS sessions are open to the public. The UP AS Economic and Legislative Commissions prepare the foundations and opinions for detailed solution of individual issues which arise during Senate sessions. The UP AS is governed by the laws of the Czech Republic, in particular the University Law (Law No. 111/1998 Czech Law Col.) and UP internal rules, in particular UP Statutes and UP AS Election Rules.
The members of the UP Scholarly Board are prominent experts in the fields of the educational, scientific, research, and artistic activities of Palacký University. Its members also include persons who are not members of the UP academic community.
prof. MUDr. Martin Procházka, Ph.D.; UP rector; Gynecology and Obstetrics
prof. RNDr. dr hab. Jan Andres, DSc.; UP FS, Mathematics
prof. Mgr. Ondřej Bábek, Dr.; UP FS, Geology, Geophysics
prof. RNDr. Dr. Radim Bělohlávek, DSc.; UP FS, Informatics and Cybernetics
prof. PhDr. Panajotis Cakirpaloglu, DrSc.; UP FA, Educational Psychology, Clinical Psychology
prof. MUDr. Roman Havlík, Ph.D.; UP FMD, Surgery, Oncological Surgery
prof. RNDr. Zdeněk Hradil, CSc.; UP FS, Optics and Quantum Electronics
doc. Mgr. Vít Hušek, Th.D.; UP CMFT, Theology
prof. RNDr. Miroslav Janura, Dr.; UP FPC, Kinanthropology
prof. RNDr. Hana Kolářová, CSc.; UP FMD, Medical Biophysics
doc. PhDr. Lenka Křupková, Ph.D.; FA UP, Musicology
doc. RNDr. Martin Kubala, Ph.D.; Dean, UP FS, Biophysics
prof. PhDr. et Mgr. Jiří Lach, Ph.D., MA.; UP FA, History, Political Science
prof. PaedDr. Libuše Ludíková, CSc.; Dean; UP FE, Special Education
prof. PhDr. Dušan Lužný, Dr.; UP FA, Sociology, Psychology
prof. PhDr. Tomáš Nejeschleba, Ph.D.; UP FA, Philosophy
prof. RNDr. Michal Otyepka, Ph.D.; UP CATRIN, Physical Chemistry
prof. PhDr. Zdeněk Pechal, CSc.; Dean; UP FA, History of Slavonic Literature, History of Czech, Polish and Russian Literature
doc. Mgr. Jana Pelclová, Ph.D.; UP FPC, Kinanthropology
doc. Mgr. Lucie Plíhalová; Ph.D.; UP FS, Inorganic Chemistry, Chemical Biology, Agricultural Chemistry
doc. JUDr. Václav Stehlík, LL.M., Ph.D.; Dean; UP FL, European Union Law
Mgr. Michal Šafář, Ph.D.; Dean, UP FPC, Kinanthropology
prof. PhDr. Eva Šmelová, Ph.D.; UP FE, Education
doc. Mgr. Petra Šobáňová, Ph.D.; UP FE; Education
prof. Ing. Mgr. et Mgr. Peter Tavel, Ph.D.; Dean; UP CMFT, Clinical Psychology, Theology
prof. RNDr. Jitka Ulrichová, CSc.; UP FMD, Medical Chemistry and Biochemistry
Mgr. Jiří Vévoda, Ph.D.; děkan UP FHS, Social Medicine, Health Economics and Management
prof. Mgr. Kateřina Vitásková, Ph.D.; UP FE, Special Education
prof. RNDr. Vít Voženílek, CSc.; UP FS, Physical Geography, Geoinformatics
prof. MUDr. Josef Zadražil, CSc.; Dean; UP FMD, Internal Medicine, Nephrology
doc. PhDr. Jana Zapletalová, Ph.D.; UP FA, History of Visual Arts
Prof. PhDr. Stanislav Balík, Ph.D.; Dean of the Faculty of Social Sciences, MU in Brno; Political Science
Prof. MUDr. Martin Bareš, Ph.D.; Rector of Masaryk University in Brno; Neurology
prof. RNDr. Ivana Černá, CSc.; Faculty of Informatics, MU in Brno; Informatics
prof. PhDr. Tomáš Janík, Ph.D., M.Ed.; Faculty of Education, MU in Brno; Pedagogy
Mgr. Anna Jenčová, DrSc.; Institute of Mathematics SAS; Mathematics
Prof. RNDr. Jana Kalbáčová Vejpravová, Ph.D.; Faculty of Physics, CU in Prague; Condensed Matter Physics
Prof. RNDr. Jana Klánová, Ph.D.; Faculty of Science, MU in Brno; Environmental Chemistry
PhDr. Eva Kowalská, DrSc.; Historical Institute of the Slovak Academy of Sciences; History - Slovak History
Brig. Gen. prof. RNDr. Zuzana Kročová, Ph.D.; Rector of the University of Defence; Physical Chemistry; Infectious Biology; Clinical Immunology
prof. PhDr. Petr Kyloušek, CSc.; Faculty of Arts, MU in Brno; History of Specific Literatures (Romance languages), French Literature, Theory of Literature
Ing. Ilona Müllerová, DrSc.; Institute of Physics of the CAS; Electronics and Vacuum Technology
doc. PhDr. Kateřina Nedbálková, Ph.D.; Faculty of Social Sciences, MU in Brno; Sociology
doc. JUDr. Kateřina Ronovská, Ph.D.; Faculty of Law, MU in Brno; Civil Law
prof. PaedDr. Darina Tarcsiová, PhD.; Faculty of Education, CU in Bratislava; Special Education
Prof. RNDr. Eva Zažímalová, CSc.; Chair of the CAS; Anatomy and Physiology of Plants
Prof. PaedDr. Katarína Žilková, PhD.; Faculty of Education, CU in Bratislava; Theory of Mathematics Teaching, Preschool and Elementary Pedagogy
The UP Board of Trustees is defined in the Czech University Law chiefly as a supervisory body with several executive powers. Its operation and authority is clearly defined in regard to the economic management of a public university and its related activities.
Members of the UP Board of Trustees
As of May 24th, 2019
- Mons Jan Graubner, Olomouc Archbishop and Metropolitan of Moravia (current term of office: until February 2021)
- Ing Pavel Prudký, Director of the Tax Office for the Olomouc Region (until may 2021)
- Dr Ing Otakar Fojt, Science Attaché at the British Embassy Prague (until May 2017)
- Ing Roman Cabálek, MBA, entrepreneur and IT consultant, Executive Director of BDMG – Better Decision Making Group (until May 2023)
- MUDr Jitka Chalánková, independent member of the Senate of the Czech Republic (until May 2023)
- Dr Ing Václav John, Railway Infrastructure Administration, Director of the Civil Engineering Administration – East (until May 2023)
- Ing Marian Jurečka, Member of the Parliament of the Czech Republic (until February 2021)
- RNDr Robert Kuropatwa, PhD, manager for Czech Republic and Slovakia, KARL STORZ GmbH & Co. KG, Tuttlingen, Germany (until May 2023)
- Ing Bořivoj Minář, Chairman of the Board, Chamber of Commerce of the Olomouc Region (until October 2021)
- Ing Pavel Kysilka, CSc., economist, member of the Board of Directors of 6D Academy, z.ú (until May 2023)
- Martin Novotný, politician, member of the ODS party (until May 2021)
- RNDr Hana Ripková, PhD, Executive Director, J.W. Fulbright Commission, (until May 2026)
- Ing Jiří Rozbořil, politician, member of the ČSSD party (until February 2021)
- Ing Milan Šimonovský, Statutory Director and Chair of the Administrative Board in SIGMA GROUP (until May 2025)
- Ing Michaela Šojdrová, Member of the European Parliament (until May 2021)
PhDr Rostislav Hladký, MBA, Palacký University Chancellor
Records and rulings from sessions (Notice Board)
Palacký University Olomouc (UP), in accordance with revisions in the Higher Education Act (Act No. 111/1998, Czech Law Coll.), as amended, and on Article 12 of UP Constitution (Article 12), has established the Internal Assessment Board of Palacký University Olomouc. The Internal Assessment Board is an academic body of the university and its mission is to inspect and develop an internal system of quality assurance and of evaluating teaching, publishing, creative and related activities at UP.
The UP Internal Assessment Board:
- approves the proposal of rules for evaluating the quality of teaching, publishing, creative and related activities and the internal System of Evaluating Teaching, Publishing, Creative and Related Activities at UP submitted by the chairperson of the UP Internal Assessment Board before submitting the proposal to the UP Academic Senate;
- manages the process of internal evaluation of teaching, publishing, creative and related activities at UP;
- maintains ongoing records of internal evaluation of teaching, creative and related activities at UP;
- inspects, objectively evaluates, and oversees processes at individual UP faculties that lead to quality assurance and internal evaluation in accordance with the Rules for the System of Evaluating Teaching, Publishing, Creative and Related Activities at UP;
- prepares reports on the UP Internal Evaluation of Teaching, Publishing, Creative and Related Activities at UP and its addenda;
- approves reports on measures that will lead to the elimination of possible shortcomings in the quality of UP’s activities, and oversees the proper application of measures to corrective them;
- approves applications for accreditation of study programmes in accordance with the standards for accreditation of a study programme, and the compliance of said study programme with requirements for the specific type, form, and profile of the study programme, and also extension and revalidation of accreditation of study programmes;
- approves study programmes submitted by the Rector on the basis of a proposal of the Scholarly Board of the relevant faculty. Study programmes that are not realised at the faculties can be submitted without such proposal, provided that UP has obtained institutional accreditation in the field of education to which the given study programme belongs;
- approves the intention to submit an application for accreditation, extension of accreditation, or revalidation of accreditation of study programmes that are submitted by the Rector based upon a proposal of the Scholarly Board of the relevant faculty; in the case of study programmes not realised at a UP faculty, a Scholarly Board proposal is not required;
- verifies whether UP meets the requirements of the standards for accreditation to grant associate and full professorships;
- monitors consistency between the UP Annual Report, the UP Strategic Plan with an emphasis on the UP mission, the Final Report on the UP Internal Evaluation of Teaching, Publishing, Creative and Related Activities at UP, and evaluating teaching, publishing, creative and related activities at UP.
- prof. MUDr. Martin Procházka, Ph.D., chairperson
- prof. Mgr. MgA. Vít Zouhar, Ph.D., vice-chairperson
- doc. Mgr. Jiří Langer, Ph.D., chairperson of the UP AS
- Mgr. Petr Černikovský
- doc. PhDr. Radka Dofková, Ph.D.
- doc. JUDr. Kateřina Frumarová, Ph.D.
- RNDr. Svatopluk Horák
- prof. MUDr. Zdeněk Kolář, CSc.
- doc. RNDr. Roman Kubínek, CSc.
- prof. PhDr. et Mgr. Jiří Lach, M.A., Ph.D.
- doc. RNDr. Irena Smolová, Ph.D.
- doc. Ing. Petr Sodomka, Ph.D., MBA
- doc. RNDr. Ivana Vlková, Th.D.
- Mgr. Dominik Voráč
- Mgr. Jana Vyskotová, Ph.D.
Secretary: Mgr. Pavla Šimáčková, M.Sc.