International Summer School in Human Sciences
20 May - 14 June 2019
The University of Jyväskylä is pleased to welcome you to our 16th International Summer School in Human Sciences in May-June 2019. The Summer School in Human Sciences comprises of 22 interdisciplinary courses for undergraduate and/or graduate students interested in cultural and communication studies, education, business & economics, sport and health sciences and social sciences.
Week I: 20 - 24 May 2019
- Finnish Language and Culture
- Education in Finland
- Introduction to Intercultural Communication
- Intrapreneurship: Current Perspectives on New Business Development and Corporate Entrepreneurship
- Physical Activity, Sport, Health and Health Promotion - International Perspectives
Week II: 27 - 31 May 2019
- Refugee Resettlement and Integration
- Organization and Role of Sport in the EU and its Member States
- Humor, Laughter, and Society
- Greek Political Thought and its Modern Echos
- Nordic Working Life Model: Past, Present and the Future of Work in Light of Institutional Theories
Week III: 3 - 7 June 2019
- Changes of Work and Economy
- Visual Popular Culture and the Politics of Meaning-Making
- Managing Customer Relationships with Digital Marketing
- Teaching for Quality Learning in Diverse Learning Settings
- Music, Mind & Well-being
- Magic of the Game - Perspectives to Digital Games
Week IV: 10 - 14 June 2019
- Multilingual Communication in Multicultural Teams
- National Education Systems: Foundations, Frameworks, Structures and Experiences
- Visual Research Methods
- Introduction to Dance Movement Therapy and Other Arts Therapies
- Sport Marketing
- Ear Training - Blended Learning
How to apply?
The online application form and instructions for completing the application are available at http://r.jyu.fi/hs-summerschool/apply. The application deadline is 1 March 2019. You are welcome to apply for the full summer school programme (one course per week) or parts of it. Each course lasts one week and they are 2-5 ECTS credits.
Students from partner universities all over the world are invited to apply to the Summer School. Also the degree students of the University of Jyvaskyla are welcome to join the courses.
The University of Jyväskylä does not charge tuition for the courses from students of partner universities collecting eventual tuition fees of their own. We may collect small participation fees for individual events of the social programme. Students are expected to pay for their travel to and from Jyväskylä as well as living expenses and accommodation while in Jyväskylä.
The teaching staff of the Summer School consists of professors, researchers and experts from the University of Jyväskylä and from partner universities.
Summer School participants will be accommodated in the apartments of the Kortepohja Student Village at about 2.5 kilometres / 1.5 miles from the University. They will each have a furnished study-bedroom (with a shared kitchenette and bathroom) which also include a blanket, pillow, bed linen and some basic kitchenware. Also included in the room price is breakfast at restaurant Rentukka and the possibility to use the Rentukka gym.
The cost of accommodation is as follows:
- 4 weeks: 440 €
- 3 weeks: 370 €
- 2 weeks: 295 €
- 1 week: 220 €
Summer School in Human Sciences
University of Jyväskylä