The Young Researcher Grant Competition aims to support excellent research by young researchers and members of academic staff below the age of 37 when establishing new research teams and laboratories, as well as developing their independent research programme to support the preparation of a high-quality international project (e.g. within HORIZON EUROPE). Researchers who have completed a stay abroad are eligible for the competition. Applicants must meet the requirements defined by the applicable university policy The applicant does not have to be an UP employee on the date of submission of the grant proposal, but the person submitting the proposal must be identical to the principal researcher.
The principal researcher is an academician, scientist or researcher aged up to 37 years, who received a doctorate degree not more than 8 years ago, has excellent results, participates in international projects, and has completed a foreign internship of a minimum of 3 months. The research team may also include other UP academic, scientific or research staff, UP students, and UP technical and professional staff. The project duration is 36 months.
The grant applicant is obliged to submit a project application to HORIZON EUROPE no later than in the third year of the grant implementation.
The grant proposal can be submitted in the following scholarly fields:
a) natural sciences, mathematics, and information science,
b) medical sciences and biomedicine,
c) humanities and social sciences.
Project funding limits:
- minimum CZK 1,000,000 (app. EUR 39,000 )
- maximum CZK 4,000,000 (app. EUR 156,000 )
The rules of the competition are set out in Palacký University Policy R-B-22/10.
Each applicant may submit only 1 grant proposal to the competition.
The competition is not open to applications for investment funds.
- Call opening: 13 June 2022
- Submission period: 13 June 2022 through 27 July 2022 till 3:00 p.m.
- Evaluation period: 28 July through 30 November 2022
- Announcement of results: 1 December 2022
- Project start: January 2023
- Interim report submission deadline: till 15 January 2024 and till 15 January 2025
- Final report submission deadline: within 31 days of project completion
The project proposal is submitted only in electronic form via the web application available at: granty.upol.cz. Login data to the application is the same as to the UP portal. In case the applicant does not have an ID and password for the UP Portal, he/she should contact the contact person of the call for proposals to create access to the application.
Proposals must be submitted by 27 July 2022 till 3:00 p.m.
Proposals must be in English language only.
Each grant proposal must include
1) Grant Title;
2) data on the principal researcher in the following scope:
- personal information (name, surname, date of birth, address of department/centre, telephone and e-mail),
- identification of up to five major publications related to the project of which he/she is the author or co-author,
- WoS/Scopus scientometric data (publication and citation count, H‑index), not required but encouraged in case of humanities and social sciences,
- the total list of publications and/or other scientific outputs,
- details of the foreign internship he/she has completed;
3) details of other members of the research team or a description of vacant positions if the specific names are not known at the time of the proposal submission;
4) a short summary of the grant (maximum 1,000 characters);
5) a description of the grant, justification and definition of the funds requested for each year of the grant (up to 5 pages, including relevant citations and figures). This document constitutes a separate annex to the proposal.
6) grant objectives;
7) an analysis of the proposed approach, including the timetable for achieving the grant objectives, including compatibility with the research focus and infrastructure of the fakulty/institute where the project is to be implemented. This document constitutes a separate annex to the proposal.
8) consent to the grant implementation from the department (organisational unit) within which the grant will be implemented. The consent constitutes a separate annex to the proposal.
Contact persons for the call:
Mgr. Tereza Vacková
tel.: 585 631 440
Mgr. Eva Novosádová
tel.: 585 631 401
In Olomouc, 13 June 2022
prof. MUDr. Martin Procházka, Ph.D.,
Rector of Palacký University Olomouc