Topic: (Un)understandable World
The conference boasts 24 years’ tradition which started in 2000 at the Institute of the Czech Language of the Academy of Sciences, Prague, and has been continued since 2001 at Palacký University in Olomouc.
Main topics of the conference:
- How do media depict the present-day world and society?
- What are the contemporary buzzwords in the media?
- Does present-day communication involve increasing manipulation?
- Can linguistic analysis help reveal disinformation?
- Does objectivity exist in language?
- Can incomprehensibility ever be desirable in communication?
- What barriers to communication arise from cultural differences?
- Can speakers of the Slavic languages understand one another?
- What is the influence of non-verbal means of communication on comprehensibility?
- Can the contemporary social development influence the development of languages?
- What are the cross-generational barriers in language?
- Does our ability to interpret texts change in time?
- Does language divide, or unify the societies . . .
- . . . or can we bridge the social gaps through language?
For more information please visit mladilingviste.upol.cz