ID cards & IT Services Guide
- The identification card will be issued to you by the UP Computer Centre (CVT) no earlier than 24 hours after signing the employment contract. To issue the card, you will need an ID card and a high-quality 35×45 mm photo, which can be sent electronically. To expedite the issue of the card, ask your contact person to send the photo in advance and verify the processing status of the card.
- The first issuing of the card is free. In the event of loss or damage, there is a replacement fee. You can use the card for to pay for cafeteria meals, borrowing in the UP libraries (incl. The Research Library in Olomouc), for making purchases in the FreshUP cafes, and the card is also necessary for accessing some university buildings and rooms.
- You can show your employee card to take advantage of the employee benefits provided by participating businesses.
- An equivalent to the employee card is an international ITIC card, which is available to academic staff with a minimal part-time contract (0.5) with a valid contract for at least one year. You can also apply for it at the CVT.
For details on UP Identification Cards, please visit the UP Computer Centre website.
- The Palacký University Portal (portal.upol.cz) contains a number of applications for administrative tasks at the university. In the ELF application (electronic forms) you will find various forms and applications, including the form for reporting work hours. The Portal also provides access to e-mail, and the domestic and foreign travel orders. It is the repository for all documents, including valid Palacký University legislation, which can be found in the UPShare application. Last but not least, you can also use the Portal to place a meal order in the canteen.
- The password for accessing the portal is the same as the password for the university network and e-mail. The password can be changed in the Portal Your email password will also change automatically.
- To adjust the Portal settings, refer to the Help tab. There you will also find a link to the university wiki pages that contain a number of instructions for working with information technology at UP.
- You need a login name and password in order to use the university network. You will receive this information upon the receipt of an employee identification card or at the HR Oficce.
- You are also assigned a university e-mail address in the form of “email@example.com”. Employees can access their mailbox through OWA.
- Only use the assigned university e-mail address for work-related online communication. Check your mail every day and send out responses as soon as possible.
- When working with e-mail or working on the Internet, follow the cyber security rules set down by Palacký University (see wiki.upol.cz).
- Use the Palacký University style suite for both internal and external communication and help to positively represent the organisation of which you are now a part.
- To manage course scheduling, Palacký University uses the STAG information system. To log into STAG, use the same username and password to log as you do to log into the Portal.
- The STAG system contains all the information about fields of study, students, timetables, dates of credit tests and exams, as well as the final theses of each student.
- Training on how to use the STAG system will be carried out by the contact person from your workplace or another authorised colleague.
Solutions for technical problems
- The Helpdesk is also part of the Portal, which is used to report a mal- function (of e-mail, computer network, web, but also IT issues in your office). Requests sent via Helpdesk are preferred.
- For assistance with the university network, consult the network administrator of the faculty or the relevant workplace.
The University Computer Centre is in charge of issuing employee and student ID cards as well as providing technical support for the University e-mail network and Helpdesk. For more information, please visit cvt.upol.cz/en.
Feel free to browse, edit or contribute to Palacký University Wiki, where academics may write articles on related topics. In order to edit information on the UPwiki, sign in with your Portal ID at the following website.