EU Students

Reporting Requirement of Arrival to the Territory

If a student comes from an EU member country, Norway, Iceland, Liechtenstein, or Switzerland, they are not required to go through a visa application process. Instead, they have a "reporting requirement" upon arrival, but only if they plan to stay for more than 30 days.

Within 30 days of entering the Czech Republic, individuals must report their presence to the appropriate Foreign Police Department that has jurisdiction in their place of residence in the Czech Republic.

For students staying in private accommodations, it is essential to fulfill this ''reporting requirement'' as soon as possible. However, students residing in a dormitory or a hotel are exempt from this mandatory action, as the accommodation or hotel office will handle the reporting on their behalf.


Smetanova 14, 779 00 Olomouc

Office Hours

Monday and Wednesday: 8 AM to 5 PM


+420 974 761 829


Reporting the changes - Change of Residence

If you decide to move to a new accommodation, you will have to report to changes to MOI within 30 working days. It is a simple process but it will prevent you from any troubles with MOI if you were for example to switch from visa to residence permit or if you were to extend your residency permit. The administrative fee is 200 CZK. 

To report the changes, follow the steps bellow:

  1. Gather the necessary documents - a certified copy of your accommodation contract and the relevant form (in the form, sign "other").
  2. Submit your documents - you can do this either personally after making an appointment online or by phone, or send the documents by post. If you send the documents by post, we recommend calling MOI no later than week after you send the documents to make sure your letter has arrived.

If you want to change your permanent residence, the rules and requisities are slightly different. You can look them up at the MOI portal.

If you were unsure about something, you can always contact us on

Insurance (European Health Insurance Card)

Students from European Union (EU) member countries, as well as Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway, Switzerland, and the United Kingdom, are not required to obtain any additional insurance because they possess the European Health Insurance Card (EHIC). However, you must register your EHIC with the insurance company in the Czech Republic. Further information regarding insurance can be found in the section for Students from EU countries (EHIC).

Obligatory Waste Management Municipal Fee

It's also essential to note that all foreigners staying in Olomouc for more than 90 days are obligated to pay the waste management municipal fee. However, this responsibility does not apply to students under 26 years of age staying at the UP dormitory. If you are residing in a flat, the fee is typically included in the rent, but it's advisable to confirm this with your landlord. For more detailed information about the payment, you can refer to the section on the Obligatory Waste Management Municipal Fee.

Further information regarding payment can be found in the section titled Obligatory waste management municipal fee.

Privacy settings

We use cookies and any other network identifiers on our website that may contain personal data (e.g. about how you browse our website). We and some of the service providers we use have access to or store this data on your device. This data helps us to operate and improve our services. For some purposes, your consent is required to process data collected in this way. You can change or revoke your consent at any time (see the link at the bottom the page).

(Essential cookies enable basic functions and are necessary for the website to function properly.)
(Statistics cookies collect information anonymously. This information helps us to understand how our visitors use our website.)
(They are designed for promotional purposes, measuring the success of promotional campaigns, etc.)