Lecture of a Fulbright Scholar Michael Pratt from a lecture series on physical activity and public health
A series of lectures focused on physical activity and public health will be held at the Faculty of Physical Culture, Palacký University Olomouc, and delivered by Dr. Michael Pratt, a leading expert in this field from the University of California San Diego. The lectures are open to all students and employees of Palacký University interested in the topics, regardless of their department or faculty.
The economic impact of physical inactivity, the evolution of physical activity recommendations in recent decades, or physical activity in relation to the UN Sustainable Development Goals – those will be some of the topics addressed by one of the most cited scientists in the field of public health.
11. 1. – The health and economic burden of physical inactivity
25. 1. – The evolution of physical activity recommendations for public health: 1995 to today
8. 2. – Measuring and monitoring physical activity for population health
22. 2. – Can we reverse the global pandemic of inactivity: Evidence-based strategies to increase physical activity
8. 3. – Is vigorous physical activity important for (public) health?
22. 3. – A brief history of the development and implementation of public health policy for physical activity
5. 4. – Physical activity and the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals
19. 4. – Building global capacity for physical activity research and practice: Role of networks