13 July – 19 July 2024
Registration is open until 30 April 2024 or until full capacity is reached
ECTS credits: 3
Price: €1400 (a partner discount of 10% available – contact email@example.com for a discount code)
The price for the summer school includes:
- Payment gateway fee
- Administrative fee
- Academic programme
- Accommodation at our Neředín IV Dormitory - double rooms (or a single room for an extra charge of €70)
- Local accommodation fee
- Side events including a day-long trip, Welcome/Farewell Party, and more
- Transport to/from Prague during our class trip
- Entrance tickets to sights in the itinerary
- Supplies for the lessons
- Welcome Pack
- Small refreshments during breaks
The summer school is divided into 4 separate tracks.
In the first one, participants will learn basic information about the history of beer, individual ingredients, recipe development and brewing.
The second part of the school focuses on the analytical control of water for brewing purposes, malt and microbiology.
The third part focuses on the actual brewing of beer step by step.
In the final phase of the school, participants will learn about bottling and bottling procedures, sensory analysis of beer defects and sensory evaluation of beer samples according to the Beer Judge Certificate Program (BJCP).
Requirements for students
B2 English (according to CEFR)