The state of emergency will come to an end on 11 April in the Czech Republic, and as of 12 April there will be a new, gradual relaxation of safety measures in place at schools (the text is available here in Czech). Regarding the regime at UP, there will be no significant changes during the week of 12–19 April; here is a summary of the information, separated into points for better orientation:
- Teaching in person at UP from 12 April will continue to be drastically limited. Exceptions are:
- clinical and practical lessons and internships for students studying general medicine, dentistry, pharmacy and other healthcare study programmes, and students doing their teaching practice at pre-schools, primary and secondary schools, or school facilities for institutional and protective education;
- exams with up to 10 participants;
- individual consultations;
- o from 12 April also those subjects which have singing (max. 6 persons in a room) and sport as an integral part of their core. See items I.10 and I.11 of the measures above (in Czech). You will be informed by your faculty/department as to whether this applies to your study programme.
- The UP Central Library at the Zbrojnice/Armoury and all faculty branches will remain closed. Books can be borrowed under the existing special contactless regime.
- It remains mandatory to wear a respirator or other similarly effective respiratory protection (e.g. nanofiltration face masks with effectiveness of at least 94%) on UP premises.
- Regular, mandatory Covid-19 testing of UP employees, and UP students of the Faculties of Medicine & Dentistry and Health Sciences remains in effect. Details
- As of 12 April, travel will again be permitted between districts in the Czech Republic; employees or students travelling from outside the Olomouc district to UP for work or study are no longer required to present a form confirming this.
Further relaxations of university operations will be decided by the government soon. The next step should be the return to teaching of practical, laboratory, experimental, and art subjects for students in graduating classes in those specified educational areas. You will be informed of all details, including antigen testing of students, in the days to come.