22nd International Meeting of Young Linguists
17. May 2021 - 18. May 2021
Main topics of the conference:
- language in use and language development between 2020 and 2021
- does social distancing inflict on language, or invite us to look for new ways of communication?
- “Hello, can you hear me well?”: online meetings and distance learning as new communication channels
- pros and cons of the online environment: how does internet change communication?
- YouTube, Instagram et al.: communication platforms for youths only (?)
- Twitter: how much can you tell in 280 characters?
- online safety and danger: do you know who is speaking to you?
- intercultural pragmatics: does online language affect politeness, humour or non-verbal communication?
- grammar nazis, language as the online weapon: “Practise your grammar!”, “How dare you call me a(n) *** !”
- benefits and drawbacks of non-verbal communication: Can emojis, memes, gifs make up for a story?
Detailed information on: mladilingviste.upol.cz/?lang=en
Department of Czech Studies, Faculty of Arts, Palacký University Olomouc, affiliated to the Linguistic Association of the CR
UP Faculty of Arts, Křížkovského 10, Olomouc