Erasmus+: International Credit Mobility
International Credit Mobility (ICM) supports the mobility of individual participants enrolled or employed at a higher education institution (HEI), namely:
- Student mobility for short cycle, first cycle (Bachelor or equivalent) or second cycle (Master or equivalent) students, as well as third cycle doctoral candidates. The minimum duration of the mobility period is 3 months or 1 academic term or trimester. The total duration of the mobility period shall not exceed 12 months, including any zero-grant period, which shall only be used exceptionally.
- Staff mobility for teaching for academic staff to teach at a partner institution abroad. The length of the mobility period must be between 5 days and 2 months.
- Staff mobility for training for teaching and non-teaching staff in the form of training events abroad (excluding conferences) and job shadowing/observation periods/training at a partner HEI. The length of the mobility period must be between 5 days and 2 months.
Student and staff mobility can take place in any subject area or academic discipline. Staff teaching and training activities can be combined.
- Mgr. Yvona Vyhnánková – Institutional Coordinator for Erasmus+
- Petra Soldánová – Staff Mobilities Erasmus+ KA 107
- Mgr. Eva Ohnisková, DiS. – Student Mobilities Erasmus+ KA107 - Studies
- Mgr. Tereza Kalousková – Student Mobilities Erasmus+ KA107 - Studies
- Mgr. Marie Raková - Student Mobilities Erasmus+ KA107 - Traineeships
We are currently updating the content ...
Please find all the necessary information here:
Quick reference guide for higher education institutions in Partner Countries
INFORMATION FOR CANDIDATES
- Students apply to their HEI who carries out the selection of participants in the mobility action. The selection of students must be fair, transparent, coherent and documented and shall be made available to all parties involved in the selection process.
- After your home institution has submitted your online nomination, you will receive an e-mail with information and a link to access the application form. (Please note that this year there may be a few days between the online nomination and the information e-mail being sent to you.)
INFORMATION FOR NOMINATED STUDENTS
Palacký University has been using online nomination and application process for Erasmus+ and other exchange international students since 2017.
We will only accept nominations and applications via our new online system. No further documents will be required by post as all parts of the application can be submitted online.
Before the mobility
- An information e-mail about UP application procedure is received by the nominated student
- Online Application Form including Accommodation Request Form and the Orientation week request is submitted by the student (see deadlines)
- Learning Agreement (study plan) is submitted by the student. The obligation to obtain a minimum of 20 ECTS credits does not apply to students in doctoral study programmes, provided that they are sent abroad for scientific and/or research purposes. In such cases, the minimum requirements shall be indicated in the Learning Agreement or specified in an annex thereto.
- Letter of acceptance and other documents necessary to obtain visa are uploaded into to on-line application and the hard copies sent by post.
To read the UP online application guidelines please go to WIKI UPOL.
- Travel health insurance must cover the costs of comprehensive health care for the entire stay in the Czech Republic.
- Comprehensive health care - must include preventive and follow-up (= regular medical supervision during certain disease) treatment and care related to pregnancy and childbirth.
- The minimum insurance cover must be EUR 60,000 without co-payment. Insurance may be taken only by the VZP Insurance Company, Inc.
- Comprehensive health care with Pojišťovna VZP, a.s. - can be arranged online on this website - https://www.pvzp.cz/en/products/foreigners-medical-insurance/foreigners-comprehensive-medical-insurance-plus/
- Health insurance must be bought on-line before picking up the student visa at the Embassy of the Czech Republic
- Check the current conditions on the website of the Czech Ministry of Foreign Affairs and contact the nearest Czech embassy for updated and complete information.
- You must apply for (and obtain) a visa before your departure for the Czech Republic. The processing time is up to 60 days (but it might take longer) and therefore it is recommended to apply for your short-term visa (within 90 days), long-term visa (up to 90days) or long-term residence permit as soon as you receive the letter of acceptance and proof of accommodation.
- Read carefully Instructions for Visa Students
- Contact persons
- The student mobility grant (scholarship) is a flat rate grant calculated at a monthly rate.
- Grants are a contribution towards the costs of the planned Erasmus+ mobility period.
- The scholarship will be paid upon signature of the Grant Agreement.
- The scholarship is a single payment transferred to the bank account of the student (to CZK account).
- Financial support cannot be used to pay for costs already reimbursed from other events / programmes of the EU. Students cannot be the recipient of Erasmus Mundus scholarships (Joint Master Degree) and Erasmus +.
- Scholarship consists of 2 amounts.
- Accommodation costs are 800 EUR per month. For the purpose of calculating the scholarship for one month is considered 30 days. If not observed, the duration of the study period in full months, the scholarship for the last month is calculated by the number of days one day = 1/30 monthly rates.
- Travel costs (depends on the distance between UP and partner university, see distance calculator).
8000 km and more
During the mobility
- Learning Agreement changes - The participant shall ensure that all changes in the Learning Agreement are agreed upon in written form by both the sending and host institutions as soon as they take place. Modifications to the Learning Agreement made after the arrival of the student at the host institution must be reported within 30 days of the commencement of the study period at the latest.
- Student has to inform International Relations Office immediately of any changes (shortening or extension of stay), and any problems with the performance of the learning agreement. Contact person is your coordinator (Eva Ohniskova / Tereza Kalousková).
After the mobility
At the end of the mobility the participant shall receive the following documents from the receiving institution:
- The participant shall receive an invitation to complete the online EU Survey 30 days before the end of the mobility period. The participant shall complete and submit the survey within 15 days upon receipt of the invitation. Participants who fail to complete and submit the online EU Survey may be required to partially or fully reimburse the financial support received.
- Confirmation of Erasmus Study Period (stating the confirmed start and end dates of the mobility period);
- Transcript of Records – without undue delay and not later than one and a half months after the termination of the mobility period.