The central IRO as well as the Faculty IROs are ready to assist you during your stay at Palacký University. During the Orientation Week (OW), which is regularly organized a week before the official beginning of semester (classes) by the central IRO in cooperation with Erasmus Student Network (ESN) UP, you will be introduced to how things work at Palacký University, the faculties and the departments.
The Orientation Week for incoming Erasmus+ and Exchange students will take place from Monday 3rd February 2020 to Friday 7th February 2020. Please check this website regurarly, more information is coming soon.
Please note that the IRO will not provide information individually to students who arrive to Olomouc earlier than the official start of the OW.
Further details may be obtained from:
MORNING/DAY ACTIVITIES (by IRO):
- Welcome Meeting (Presentation of UP and its facilities)
- Welcome Reception with the Rector
- Cultural Differences (Lecture)
- Study Agenda and Practical Information I (Workshop)
- Practical Information II (Workshop)
- City Tour with ESN (Guided tour)
- Rights and Duties in the Czech Republic (Workshop by Police of the Czech Republic)
- Close Up Meeting (Workshop)
- Czech Language Introductory Course (Workshop)
The morning programme provides international students with information workshops focused on organizational and practical issues, such as an overview of UP offices and coordinators, UP facilities, registration of courses, confirmation of documents, how to arrange an ID card at UP, etc. Students can attend an introductory course of Czech language, learn about their rights and duties in the Czech Republic during a session with a police officer.
EVENING ACTIVITIES (by ESN):
- Welcome Party
- Scavengerhunt / Czech it Challenge (Games)
- Tram Party
- Czech Dinner
- Tour de Pub
The evening programme is devoted to getting the students together and offering cultural, social and sporting events.
The activities may be varied or changed due to organizational reasons every semester.
The detailed programme is send to REGISTERED students few days prior to the beginning of the OW and is also given to them upon their arrival in printed version.
- You will receive a lot of practical information and instructions, which will help you during your stay.
- You will meet your coordinators, university representatives, ESN guides and other international students.
- You will learn how to register for your classes and how to make your class schedule.
- You will be assisted with administration issues as ID card application, tram pass application, etc.
- You will have time to discover the beautiful city of Olomouc and get ready for the new semester :)
If you cannot attend the OW for relevant and important reasons, please, communicate it in advance with the coordinators by email email@example.com.
- ERASMUS+ & COOPERATION AGREEMENTS:
You need to register via the online application form. The access is in the automatic email which we have send you from firstname.lastname@example.org (never reply or send emails to this address, it is an automatic email) when you were officially nominated.
Go to the section APPLICATION at the bottom. Update your information and save changes if necessary. See the picture below.)
- OTHER SHORT-TERM STUDENTS (CEEPUS, Government Scholarships, etc. - those who are not nominated through our Erasmus+ online nomination and application system):
Please contact your Faculty coordinator in order to receive more instructions, i.e. the link for the registration form).
Here you can find pictures from our Orientation Week in Winter Semester 2016/2017.